Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hamhocking

Small dogs frequently get disparaged as "ankle-biters." Couldn't be more unfair!!! Obviously small dogs need to be able to assert their rights and protect themselves.
Just look at the size difference between me and my big sister, Leny:

I'm barely as big as her head!!!!!! But I need my space and my turn, hence, ham-hocking. I don't bite ankles. If I did that to my Dad or Mom they'd launch me across the room. And dogs don't exactly have well-defined ankles. Neither do cats. So it's ham-hocking!!!! That's the top of the leg, like where I'm going after Weetzie in this picture:

It works and it gets the attention of whomsoever gets ham-hocked. How else can a chihuahua get the attention of a huge sharprador??? Or a perverse siamese??? So that's ham-hocking in a nutshell, or should that be a pecan shell since that's the orchard here.............

1 comment:

  1. Bertie will occasionally leap up and ham hock a human. It hurts! But we forgive the little guy, because at other times he does his best to keep our feet warm.

    ReplyDelete